Over the next four weeks we’ll be exploring Italy at work, so I thought I would let you in on some Italian wine treats that I recommend wine lovers get stuck into.
First up is Dolcetto. A beautiful red grape from the Monferrato Hills of north-west Italy.
Dolcetto is best suited to those that like red wines with reasonable acidity, a darker and savoury fruit profile and moderate tannins. This is not a rich, full, smooth wine. There’s noticeable crunchy fruit and savoury spice here, which lifts the wine.
- Aubergine bake with a herby tomato sauce
- Spaghetti bolognese (obvious but has to be said)
- Roast lamb with lots of wild herbs
Where you can find the G.D Vajra Dolcetto d’Alba:
- Slurp (http://www.slurp.co.uk) £13.95
- Ranch Scott Wines (http://www.rannochscott.co.uk/) £13.89
- BI Fine Wine Index (https://www.biwine.com) £120 for 12 bottles